Sunday, September 11, 2011

There Are No Coincidences

A U.S. citizen, a New York resident, a grateful son, an equity investor, and an options trader, I stand on the shoulders of giants.

With respect to the investing in equities and the trading of options, everyone is my better in that I may learn from him or her.

Future blog posts will discuss a little -- or a lot -- of the teachings I have incorporated into my work since becoming a serious investor and trader in 2003.

Foundationally, I note both Benjamin Graham's The Intelligent Investor and Edwin Lefèvre's Reminiscences of a Stock Operator have benefited me a great deal, as has Sun Tzu Wu's The Art of War.

And, of course, Peter L. Bernstein's Against the Gods: The Remarkable Story of Risk has aided me in dealing with the financial markets' inherent uncertainties in a relatively quantifiable way, while Nassim Nicholas Taleb's The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable has helped me in dealing with them in an absolutely unquantifiable way.

Which is why neither investing nor trading is my business: Managing risk is my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment